May 20, 2010

container garden

Here's a way to garden even if you live in an apartment or townhouse, like me. This year I planted tomatoes and herbs, as well as some flowers. Keep in mind with containers, they usually need more water than plants in the ground. I water daily simply using my watering can with water from the sink (this is a relaxing routine). My edibles are against an east facing wall, that seems to work best for me and the flowers are on both against east and west facing walls. I love to watch the transformation as the season goes on. Here are beginning photos...

tomatoes, lavender, oregano, sunflower sprouts, marigolds
basil, thyme, cilantro, butterfly bushes, more marigolds
sunflower sprouts
more flowers, marigolds and pansies


"Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity."--Lindley Karstens

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting the progress of the flowers/plants as they bloom. I'm happy the owl has nice environment to hang out, tell him I said hi.love.V.

* said...

I will, thanks for checking out my stuff, V!