March 28, 2010

recycled wine bottle

If you drink wine, especially on a semi-regular basis like me, you know how the bottles just fill up the recycle bin fast. At one point, I had given some bottles to my friend, Jess, and her group to make projects with. They painted them on the outside and used them for soap dispensers. I thought this was such a great idea! The one she gave me, I actually used for olive oil and then I painted one for myself and used it for balsamic vinegar. I love it! You have to get paint specifically for glass and follow the instructions, as they are all different. Make sure the bottles are clean, inside and out before you start. The spouts you can get at a kitchen, bath or grocery store.


The photo with two bottles: the left one Jess made, cool tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

way cool!