January 4, 2011

2011 snail mail challenge

Happy New Year! As some of you may know, I am really into snail mail. Letters, postcards, recipes, and photos are the type of things I like to share. In my blog readings this past week, a friend mentioned a 2011 challenge for letters in the mail and of course I was interested. So check out these sights and get some inspiration. 


The challenge is to send one piece of "real" mail, once a week for the whole year.This may be a fun way to get into or back into the art of letter writing. You can send whatever you like: a handwritten or typed letter, a handmade or picture postcard, mail art like ATC's or handmade envelops, newspaper clippings with a note, favorite recipes, photos of your kids or outdoor adventures, the sky is the limit! I guarantee whoever receives this lovely piece in their mailbox will absolutely love it and feel special. And as a last thought, I always say: 
KEEP THE LOST ART OF LETTER WRITING ALIVE!
Here is some simple stationery I made on the computer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a letter ready to mail tomorrow! Watch for it:)

Unknown said...

Love that idea, Tracy...